General Policies (all arenas)
As you know, the COVID-19 situation is constantly changing, and we may need to modify our policies or shut down with little or no notice.
- If we have to shut down because of government restrictions, we will offer the affected skaters a credit for the remaining days against future registration.
- CTSC will follow guidance and instructions from Skate Canada and Skate Ontario, and from the city and province, respecting COVID precautions and best practices.
COVID-19 Policies at Mattamy Athletic Centre
Everyone visiting the facility is required to show proof of being fully vaccinated upon entry (this does not apply to patrons under the age of 12 but it does apply to their 1 accompanying parent/guardian).
- No spectators are permitted, other than up to one (1) accompanying parent, guardian, or other adult for each athlete under the age of 18.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while inside the facility, except for when engaging in activity on the ice.
- Dressing rooms are available; however showers are not available for use.
- Capacity in dressing rooms is 15 people per room.
- All visitors to the Mattamy Athletic Centre are required to sign in prior to arrival at the facility.
- This can be done via downloading the RyersonSafe App.
- If you do not wish to download the app, you can also access the required health screening by visiting the RyersonSafe Health Screening
- The Ryerson contact email to be used is firstname.lastname@example.org. After you complete the web form, an email confirmation of your screening result will be sent to you from email@example.com. This email can be used as proof of screening completion.
- All guests must arrive at the facility a maximum of 30 minutes before their booking and leave no later than 30 minutes after the booking has ended.
- User groups are responsible for their own equipment, which all should be disinfected prior to arrival.
- All attendees (players, coaches, parents if applicable) are required to use the RU Screening App and show the completed screening questionnaire upon arrival in order to gain entrance to the facility. In addition to screening, we will also require attestation of vaccination status upon arrival.
COVID-19 Policies at Moss Park Arena
- Enrolment will be limited to 12 skaters per session. This number may need to be reduced if there are changes to provincial or city public health guidelines. Please join the waitlist if the session you are interested in is full. CTSC will consider purchasing additional ice if it is available should there be enough demand.
- There will be no group lessons offered.
- Only skaters and coaches will be allowed in the arena, as we are trying to allow for maximum physical distancing. Spectators are permitted only by request and at the discretion of the CTSC Board or Skating Director.
- All skaters will be required to complete a COVID-19 self-assessment before entry each day.
- There will be physical distancing and traffic flow rules in place in the arena, and there will be active cleaning by the arena staff between sessions.
- All skaters are required to wear masks in the arena, until you step on the ice.
- Entry to the arena will be limited to 15 minutes before your scheduled session.
- If anyone must remain off the ice due to potential COVID-19 exposure, we will offer a credit for missed days against a future session.